Blackvue DR550GW - 2 Channel System
NOW AVAILABLE: The latest In-Car Accident Witness Camera from Blackvue featuring a Front & Rear Camera
NOW AVAILABLE: The best just got better… The world renowned Blackvue DR500 is arguably one of the best-selling HD In-Car cameras of 2013. Due to the renowned success of this camera they decided to go one step further and create a 2 Channel system (Front & Rear). Introducing the Blackvue DR550GW 2-Chnl system!
If you want this item installed into your vehicle then just add the £150 installation voucher to your basket along with this item by Clicking Here. This includes VAT & Nationwide Service in the UK.
Watch our Un-Boxing and FULL Review of this camera by clicking this YouTube Link - http://youtu.be/A43xHvBTrHs
In the event of an accident it’s always great to know what really happened and to give your insurance company the full picture. Well the full picture just got better. The DR500 has now been paired up with a Rear View Camera that can record at 1280x720 @30fps which is pretty amazing considering the forward facing camera is already recording at 1080p. Measuring only 6.74cm x 2.76cm means that when placed on your rear window it’s not going to obscure your vision and connects to your front camera via an AV Cable that will need to run from back to front. Both the front and rear use Sony Exmor CMOS sensors so you know that quality is going to be pin sharp!
One of the biggest features of the DR500GW was the built-in Wi-Fi, well the DR550GW 2 Channel system also comes with this great technology but with the added PIP or Picture In Picture Technology. Watch live and export both front and rear footage in one easy swoop.
Access and playback your videos directly from your Smart Phone using the official Blackvue App. It is a great companion that allows you to line up your camera viewing angle quickly and easily. Currently the app is supported on Andriod, iPhone, iPad and other tablets.
This new breed of Blackvue In-Car camera system has been designed with heat issues in mind. Featuring vents around the camera to let the heat escape as quickly as possible.
On-board footage from the Blackvue DR550GW can help assist your car insurance company process your claim and that nothing goes unmissed. Nowadays most insurance companies go for a 50 / 50 fault which can cost you your precious No Claims Bonus and excess. It has always been logical for car insurance companies to support the use of in-car cameras as the video evidence will help to settle a claim quickly and more cost-effectively
- 2 Camera System to keep an eye on the front and rear of your vehicle. Featuring PIP technology with a SONY Exmor CMOS sensor
- H.264 Image Compression – Designed in mind to allow the memory to be used more efficiently and to extend the lifetime of the SD Memory Card
- Inbuilt WIFI – Allows you to check the footage on Smartphones whilst recording. Upload video files via SNS. The app is available for both iPhone & Android
- Wide Angle – See more of what’s going on in the event of an accident
- Continuous Recording – The Blackvue DR500GW Wifi will always keep an eye on the road and what’s happening
- With the built-in High sensitivity GPS the Blackvue records all the changes to the impact and acceleration levels of the vehicle
- Parking Mode - Monitoring in parking mode requires a permanent power supply. We recommend the “Power magic Pro” as the uninterrupted power supply unit, which has been specially designed for this purpose
We have set up a special Blackvue UK Facebook Page. Take a look - It's got a nice little community of Blackvue users, reviews, videos and lots more so check it out and make sure you LIKE the page to stay up to date with all the latest info, discounts and freebies - http://bit.ly/BlackvueUK
Camera: Front:Using A Sony Exmor CMOS sensor that supports 2.4 megapixels with H.264 compression
Rear: Using A Sony Exmor CMOS sensor that supports 1 megapixels
Resolution: Front: HD (1920x1080p) / Max 30fps. HD-30fps / HD-15fps / D1-30fps. Giving you crystal clear video quality
Rear: HD (1280x720p) / Max 30fps. HD-30fps / HD-15fps / D1-30fps.
Audio: Allows on-board recording to hear what is being said whilst the vehicle is moving. Features G.728 / 32Kbps compression
Viewing Angle: Front & Rear: A wide angle view of 139° (Diagonal) / 116° (Horizontal) / 61° (Vertical)
Memory: 16GB Micro SD memory card (Supports up to 32GB)
GPS: Using the latest GPS technology powered by SiRF Star III, view your route in Google maps via the Blackvue MyView software.
Wi-Fi: Connect to your camera system to get a live preview, download footage and change settings
Different Recording Options: Normal Recording, Manual Recording, Event Recording (G-Sensor), Parking Recording with Impact and Motion Detection
Size: Front: A nice rounded design that is 118.5mm long x 36.0mm diameter which provides a 360° rotation to view outside or inside the vehicle.
Rear: A nice rounded design that is 67.4mm long x 27.6mm diameter which provides a 360° rotation to view outside or inside the vehicle.
Built in G-Sensor: A 3 axis acceleration sensor that provides event based recording based on sudden acceleration, braking and spinning.
Colour: Matt Black / Silver
Brightness: 5-level Brightness adjustment
- Camera: Front - 2.4 Megapixels, Sony Exmor CMOS sensor, Megapixel IR lens.
- Rear - 1 Megapixel, Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Angle of View: 156˚ (diagonal), 123˚ (horizontal), 90˚ (vertical)
- Resolution: Full HD (1920x1080) @30fps
- HD (1280x720) @30fps - This is the maximum for Rear.
- D1 (720x480) @15fps
- Compression: Video: H.264, Audio: AAC LC
- G-sensor: Built-in
- GPS: Built-in
- Wi-Fi: Built-in (802.11b/g/n(2.4~2.4835GHz), Max150Mbps, OFDM/CCK/16-QAM/64-QAM)
- Microphone: Built-in
- Speaker: Built-in
- LED: Recording status, GPS, Button
- Memory: Micro SD card (up to 32GB)
- Battery: Internal Lithium Polymer Battery for emergencies
- Temperature: -20˚C to 70˚C
- Input Voltage: 12V - 24V DC
- Power Consumption: .12A
- Video Out: Composite (NTSC/PAL)
This in car camera can be fitted to any vehicle that has a cigarette lighter socket or can be hard wired behind the dashboard for a neat & tidy installation
This in car camera comes with an 16gb micro SD card in the box but you can purchase a bigger card for longer recording time. Maximum size supported is 32gb.