A retrofit that they said wasn’t possible. A Genuine Audi Reversing Camera Kit for the TT, TTS and TTRS that allows for Highline moving Guidelines and also auto-switch on reverse. It’s great for spotting those low level objects, hooking up to a trailer or squeezing into that tight space.
Using all Genuine Audi parts from the wiring looms to the camera to the module, this system will fit in perfectly into your TT and will look and work as if it were fitted from factory. The most important part of this kit is that it has is the Highline system that allows the “Moving Gudelines” so as your steering wheel is moving the lines on the screen will represent your direction of travel.
This is all Genuine Audi equipment. This system wasn’t available as standard from factory but we spent the time into researching other models in the Audi range that would work in conjunction with the Audi TT Platform.
Two parking modes are available:
- Parking mode 1 (Transverse parking): Useful to park into a slot which is transverse to the driving direction on for reverse driving into a longer entry
- Parking mode 2 (Longitudinal parking): Useful for parking into a slot along the driving direction on a curb.
- 130° viewing angle.
- Displays real live image on the MMI screen.
- Automatically switches the radio display to the rear view image as soon as the reverse gear is engaged.
- Will work in conjunction with the Acoustic and Optical Parking System (if fitted.)
- Real time image overlaid with coloured graphics to aid positioning.
- On some models the system will show the path the vehicle will take.
- Original Audi parts.
- Due to the shape of the rear of the Audi TT we have to fit the camera to the lower part of the bumper (As seen in the pictures). A modification has to be made to the Rear Fog Light to allow for our camera to sit neatly and unobtrusively. The “Viewed” image as a result is lower than on other platforms but still allows for a great image of what is going on when in Reverse.
- Optical Parking System / Parking Sensors will only be visible if you have the Front & Rear System Installed. If you only have Rear Sensors or no Sensors at all then you won’t get this display on screen. We can retrofit Front Parking Sensors at the same time if you want this extra functionality.
- As per Audi blurb, the reversing camera is only a guide to give you an idea of what’s behind you. The guidelines for instance are to show the intended trajectory of the vehicle and not representative of the width or parking bays. You must use this system in conjunction with other driving aids such as sensors and mirrors.
- This installation is only available at our workshop in Poole, Dorset