Volkswagen RCD 330 Plus – Apple CarPlay Stereo
The RCD 330 Plus is an aftermarket OEM / VW style touchscreen system that gives you a much needed upgrade without the High Cost. Natively it offers FM Radio, Bluetooth, USB, Aux and an SD Card Reader.
When you connect your Apple iPhone you’ll open the system up to Apple CarPlay. Carplay will supercharge the RCD 330 and give you access to a whole host of Apps such as Mapping via Waze or Google Maps, Music from Spotify and TuneIn as well as lots of other great applications.
One of the best features of the RCD 330 by far is the ability of upgrading your vehicle with full blown navigation using Apple Maps, Google Maps or Waze when your Smartphone is connected. Having features such as this is normally seen on high end navigation systems!
The RCD 330 Plus will fit a range of Volkswagen vehicles from 2010 onwards and will give you
A review of the RCD 330 Plus System in a Volkswagen Beetle
Listen to all your local FM Radio Stations whilst retaining the OEM look and feel. Links to your existing Roof Antenna.
The built-in Bluetooth module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication. A very intuitive user interface makes it very easy to use and the built in microphone makes for easy installation. Bluetooth also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly transferred to your RCD 330.
Simply connect your iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine Halo9 and launch Apple CarPlay to communicate, navigate and stay entertained with your favourite smartphone apps. Most apps are Siri optimized so you can keep your eyes on the road. Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 and newer.
Optical Parking Sensors
If your vehicle has Genuine Rear or Front & Rear Optical Parking Sensors then when you engage reverse with the RCD 330 Plus it will show a visual representation on screen as per factory.
Reverse Camera Ready
The RCD 330 Plus has the ability to support an Aftermarket Reversing Camera to give you a live representation on screen of the rear end of your vehicle.
You have the choice of playing your music via a range of different ways if you don’t have a Bluetooth or CarPlay enabled device. You have the option of SD Card, USB or 3.5mm Aux.
- VW Amorak (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Bora (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Caddy (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Eos (2006 – Onwards)
- VW Golk Mk6 (2010 – 2013)
- VW Passat CC (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Polo Mk5 (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Scirocco Mk3 (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Sharan (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Tiguan (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Touran (2010 – Onwards)
- VW Transporter T5 (2010 – 2016)
This system will only work with the above vehicles from 2010 onwards.
- This is an Aftermarket “OEM Style” Stereo and is not manufactured by Volkswagen
- This system uses a single FM Fakra. If your existing system is a Double Fakra you will need an adaptor
- This system does not support RDS Text for FM Radio so it will not show Radio Names or Station Info like on a standard VW Radio.
- This system does not support DAB / Digital Radio. Using Apps like TuneIn via CarPlay or Android Auto will offer a great amount of stations on DAB
- If you have Genuine Optical Parking Sensors and also an Aftermarket Camera the Parking Sensor Information will not overlay. Some VW Vehicle Images are not supported (For example Transporter) so a Generic VW vehicle is displayed.
- If you have a Factory Reversing Camera installed it will need to be converted to work with this system
- Reversing Camera not included with this system
- This system does not offer Android Auto currently. It does however offer Mirrolink which some Android Devices can use