Wireless Apple CarPlay for Audi A1 & Q3
Upgrade your Audi A1 (8X) & Q3 (8U) with RMC or MMI 3G System To OEM Style Apple CarPlay Retrofit. Full Factory Control and Siri Support. read more
This latest Aftermarket but OEM Style Retrofit will upgrade your Audi A1 or Q3 with Wireless Apple CarPlay as if it were there from factory. Suitable for all those models with the RMC or MMI Navigation System installed.
If your current Audi A1 or Q3 has the basic RMC or Navigation system then this retrofit will allow you to get all the great options that Apple CarPlay has to offer such as Waze, Google Maps, Spotify, Tune-In and much more.
It’s well known on these two vehicles that it’s difficult / expensive to upgrade to something different such as nav or music streaming (Especially if you don’t have this at present). This system will give you that all important navigation function as well as Music playback from Apps such as Spotify. Simply and Easily! Remember CarPlay was never an option on this breed of vehicle from factory!
The advantage of this kit over the Genuine Setup (If it were available for this model range) is that it’s wireless. You can jump in your car and it will automatically connect up. You won’t have to worry about plugging something into your Glovebox or Armrest if you don’t want to.
- Full Apple CarPlay Functionality for iPhone 5 and above
- Use of Original Screen and Controls
- Full GPS Navigation via Apple Maps, Google Maps or Waze
- Music Streaming via Spotify, Apple Music etc
- Handsfree Calling and Messaging via Siri
- Can connect Wireless or Via Cable (To keep your device charged)
This is an example of this module but Installed into a 2016 Audi Q5 with MMI 3G. The end result will be similar.
- Audi A1 (8X) – 2010 to 2016
- Audi Q3 (8U) – 2010 to 2016
- RMC with 6.5” Screen (Non Navigation or SD Card Based Navigation)
- MMI 3G with 7” Screen (Hard-Drive Based Navigation)
- This price is for Supply & Installation
- Currently this is a Supply & Fit option only at our workshop here in Poole, Dorset.
- This is an aftermarket system designed to replicate the Audi Apple CarPlay System
- Must have Aux / AMI as an option under “Media” for sound to output. You will have to plug in the supplied lead for the audio aspect to work.
- You can’t use the Factory Radio / DAB whilst using CarPlay due to the system having to be in AMI Mode. In this instance you would use Apps like Spotify or TuneIn (FM/DAB) for your music.
- Separate Microphone required for Hey Siri functionality
- Apple CarPlay does not have the ability to show any information on our Dashboard / DIS
- This is an aftermarket kit that will work with your vehicle. It uses the factory “MMI” controls to operate/navigate the CarPlay and the built-in screen, but because this kit is not Audi parts it cannot integrate seamlessly and therefore will also try to interact with MMI behind the scenes whilst using the CarPlay functions. Periodically make sure you select Media to make sure you don’t start interacting with settings behind the scenes.